POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Mac OS X File Open dialog Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:40:20 EDT (-0400)
  Mac OS X File Open dialog (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: K E  Ayers Designs
Subject: Mac OS X File Open dialog
Date: 22 Mar 2005 20:50:01
Message: <web.4240ca94768a7e9b1308d5be0@news.povray.org>
Using Mac OS Shell 3.6.0 build 0197

I'm new to using the Mac version. I generally use the Unix/Linux
command-line interface.

When I try to open .pov or .inc files, they are "grayed-out" unless I select
"All Documents". The files all have proper permissions (plus, it doesn't
matter, even if I set them to "-rw-rw-rw-").

What's up with this?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm new to using the Mac version. I generally use the Unix/Linux
> command-line interface.
>
> When I try to open .pov or .inc files, they are "grayed-out" unless I select
> "All Documents". The files all have proper permissions (plus, it doesn't
> matter, even if I set them to "-rw-rw-rw-").
>
> What's up with this?

Things like this tend to happen in Mac OS X file dialogs if the files were
copied to the system prior to installing the application that uses them or
if the files were copied or otherwise modified using the Terminal.  Opening
and saving the files with POV-Ray will fix the files.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message