POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 'Jitter 1.0' in message window Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  'Jitter 1.0' in message window (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: AS
Subject: 'Jitter 1.0' in message window
Date: 13 Jan 2005 11:20:00
Message: <web.41e69e8393f6c452877b720@news.povray.org>
Running POV-Ray for Mac OS Shell 3.6.0 (OS X.3.5, PPC G4) I notice the
message window stating '...  Antialiasing........On  (Method 2, Threshold
0.000, Depth 2, Jitter 1.00) ...' even though the Render settings box for
the particular file reports 'Jitter 0.0000' as intended. In fact rendering
seems to be done without jitter as comparision with animation renderings of
the same file by the Unix version of POV-ray suggests. (Here the program
must report 'Jitter 0.00' or else flickering results.)

Is this a known effect or did some hidden POV-ray (Mac) mechanism (or some
prior post) escape my attention?

Post a reply to this message

>>Running POV-Ray for Mac OS Shell 3.6.0 (OS X.3.5, PPC G4) I notice the
>>message window stating '...  Antialiasing........On  (Method 2, Threshold
>>0.000, Depth 2, Jitter 1.00) ...' even though the Render settings box for
>>the particular file reports 'Jitter 0.0000' as intended. In fact rendering
>>seems to be done without jitter as comparision with animation renderings of
>>the same file by the Unix version of POV-ray suggests. (Here the program
>>must report 'Jitter 0.00' or else flickering results.)
>>
>>Is this a known effect or did some hidden POV-ray (Mac) mechanism (or some
>>prior post) escape my attention?

  yes, same things for me, jitter 0.0000 = jitter 1.0000
  work great for others values ]0,1[

  klp

Post a reply to this message