POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : HELP!! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  HELP!! (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Lazarus Plath
Subject: Re: HELP!!
Date: 20 Oct 2004 16:49:46
Message: <qqazxxsw-B6A496.15494220102004@news.povray.org>
In article <41727d58$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> You can do this by using INI files, they are explained in the reference
> section of the documentation.

hmmm, I've been looking into this, and I've actually done it in the
past, but it's not working the way I remember. At first I thought the
ini just needed to be the same name and next to the pov file. Then, what
I was reading made me think putting #include "filename.ini" at the top
of the pov file would do it but I just get errors (; comments are
listed). More reading said I put Input_File="filename.pov" (or similar)
in the ini but I can't 'render' an opened ini file.

The only way I got an ini to be used and not throw errors is to open the
render settings and type in the ini file in the command line string. I'm
going to dig up my old program and see if it handled ini's, read some
more, but ultimately I think I'm going to try hacking the resource fork.

> > I want to use pov as a render engine and not have to mess with code
>
> You might want to consider getting the Unix version and compiling it rather
> than using the Mac GUI version.  It would give you a plain command-line
> version of POV-Ray.

Actually I want to be able to see the render as it's progressing.
Ideally I want to model and specify rendering in my app, hit the render
button which creates a file and pov automatically renders it, then go
back to my app to change stuff or open render settings in pov and have
it show whats been specified from my app. I think i can do this if I can
write the resource fork properly. In fact I got the source to try to
find the code that writes the file but I get lost. I don't have code
warrior so I can't make changes and I'm not skilled enough to know how
to change the unix source to compile in X code:( So I have to work with
pov as it is. I'm going to look at megapov and applescript support for
both. -few

Post a reply to this message