POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : how do I use ini files on mac? Server Time
4 May 2024 04:01:53 EDT (-0400)
  how do I use ini files on mac? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: tim
Subject: how do I use ini files on mac?
Date: 5 Nov 2002 16:40:12
Message: <web.3dc839b02a93d2942a5c704b0@news.povray.org>
greetings,

I have a large number of files to render using POV-Ray 3.5 (Mac OS X).  all
of these files will use the same render settings (image size & format, AA,
quality, etc).  currently I have been opening each new file, changing the
settings via the menu, and then rendering.  now that I have the settings
the way I like, I want to use them as the default set.  it is unwieldy to
have to change 4-5 settings every time I open a new file - hundreds of them
to come :-(

I thought to do this by writing an .ini file, so I read the Help and wrote
the file "mysettings.ini".  unfortunately, I have no idea where to put
this file, or how to tell POV-Ray to use it as the default.  and being a
longtime Mac user, I am all thumbs outside a GUI (no command-line gene, I
guess ;-).

can someone please help me set this up?

many thanks,

tim

Post a reply to this message

> I have a large number of files to render using POV-Ray 3.5 (Mac OS X).  all
> of these files will use the same render settings (image size & format, AA,
> quality, etc).  currently I have been opening each new file, changing the
> settings via the menu, and then rendering.

Create a new set in the Render Settings dialog.  Now go to the Scenes pane
in the Preferences dialog and select the set as default.  All files that do
not have POV-Ray 3.5 style preferences will use this set for their default
settings.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

>Create a new set in the Render Settings dialog.  Now go to the Scenes pane
>in the Preferences dialog and select the set as default.  All files that do
>not have POV-Ray 3.5 style preferences will use this set for their default
>settings.
>
>    Thorsten

perfect - thanks, Thorsten!

regards,