POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.5 render bug? Server Time
4 May 2024 05:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 render bug? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Simon Lemieux
Subject: 3.5 render bug?
Date: 18 Nov 2002 23:26:11
Message: <reishi-EDFF72.23290818112002@netplex.aussie.org>
Hi,
  I just downloaded POV-Ray 3.5 for the Mac and tried to render a very
simple scene (sphere lit by light).  I tried this on a iBook and an old
PPC with same results.  When I start the render, everything goes fine
and the RenderQueue opens saying the render is being done and another
window opens with the image slowly appearing (as it should be!).  But at
the end...  when the image is finished and everything seems alright, I
close the render window, and looking at the render queue, I see the
render is not yet completed, actually the render queue does not seem to
know how much it is completed, it displays a dumb progress bar (//  //
//  //) instead of the usual progess bar (||||||||----).  I click the
render and try to make it stop, but nothing happens...

  Actually, I have to force quit Povray and reload it in order to render
my scene again, and all this just to tweek the color of the sphere!

  Has anyone had this kind of trouble before?  How could I get the
render to work and finish properly?

Thanks,
  Simon

Post a reply to this message

Ok, I took the time to read more about the problem and it seem to be a
common one with MacOS 9 (9.1 here).  I will probably download a copy of
Povray 3.1g, though I wonder if MegaPOV has the sphere sweep I'm
interested in! ;)

Thanks anyway!
  Simon

I wrote:

> Hi,
>   I just downloaded POV-Ray 3.5 for the Mac and tried to render a very
> simple scene (sphere lit by light).  I tried this on a iBook and an old
> PPC with same results.  When I start the render, everything goes fine
> and the RenderQueue opens saying the render is being done and another
> window opens with the image slowly appearing (as it should be!).  But at
> the end...  when the image is finished and everything seems alright, I
> close the render window, and looking at the render queue, I see the
> render is not yet completed, actually the render queue does not seem to
> know how much it is completed, it displays a dumb progress bar (//  //
> //  //) instead of the usual progess bar (||||||||----).  I click the
> render and try to make it stop, but nothing happens...
>
>   Actually, I have to force quit Povray and reload it in order to render
> my scene again, and all this just to tweek the color of the sphere!
>
>   Has anyone had this kind of trouble before?  How could I get the
> render to work and finish properly?
>
> Thanks,
>   Simon

Post a reply to this message

Sphere sweep and Spline functions are in Mega Pov... I am not sure how they
compare to 3.5... Good luck and happy poving... =]

Simon Lemieux wrote:

> Ok, I took the time to read more about the problem and it seem to be a
> common one with MacOS 9 (9.1 here).  I will probably download a copy of
> Povray 3.1g, though I wonder if MegaPOV has the sphere sweep I'm
> interested in! ;)
>
> Thanks anyway!
>   Simon
>
> I wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >   I just downloaded POV-Ray 3.5 for the Mac and tried to render a very
> > simple scene (sphere lit by light).  I tried this on a iBook and an old
> > PPC with same results.  When I start the render, everything goes fine
> > and the RenderQueue opens saying the render is being done and another
> > window opens with the image slowly appearing (as it should be!).  But at
> > the end...  when the image is finished and everything seems alright, I
> > close the render window, and looking at the render queue, I see the
> > render is not yet completed, actually the render queue does not seem to
> > know how much it is completed, it displays a dumb progress bar (//  //
> > //  //) instead of the usual progess bar (||||||||----).  I click the
> > render and try to make it stop, but nothing happens...
> >
> >   Actually, I have to force quit Povray and reload it in order to render
> > my scene again, and all this just to tweek the color of the sphere!
> >
> >   Has anyone had this kind of trouble before?  How could I get the
> > render to work and finish properly?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   Simon

Post a reply to this message