POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : no rendering on OS 9 Server Time
4 May 2024 14:02:25 EDT (-0400)
  no rendering on OS 9 (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Daniel MacLeod
Subject: no rendering on OS 9
Date: 18 Sep 2002 20:54:53
Message: <B9AF5673.139%d_@mbox.com.au>
hi. i'm very new to this (i heard about pov-ray yesterday from a friend and
dl'd it then).

i followed the basic tutorial and tried to render it...

nothing

i'm using OS 9.2.2 with carbonLib 1.6 (no OS X) and my settings are as
follows:

- language version: 3.5
- Show Preview: on
- Mosaic Display: Start 4 End 1
- Include Paths: MyHD:POV-Ray 3.5:include: (i have also tried it without the
  include path)
- Render Quality: [6,7]
- Anti-Aliasing: on
- Auto-Bounding
- Ignore any "bounded by" in scene
- Split Unions
- Use Light Buffer
- Use Vista Buffer
- Image Size: 80 x 80 - Preview
- Save Image As: PICT (Mac OS)
- Bits PEr Color: 8
- Save Histogram as: None
- no Animations
- No Actions

has anyone had the same problems?

am I better off getting an older non-carbonized version?

thanks

d_

Post a reply to this message

> hi. i'm very new to this (i heard about pov-ray yesterday from a friend and
> dl'd it then).
>
> i followed the basic tutorial and tried to render it...
>
> nothing

Could you be more specific? What exactly happens? Do you get an error
message? A blank image?

All the best

Fidel.

Post a reply to this message