POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Java on Mac? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Java on Mac? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Tom Stone
Subject: Java on Mac?
Date: 31 Jul 2004 20:53:26
Message: <410C3F03.9D285842@swipnet.se>
Several interesting Java programs, with pov-outputs, have appeared that
would be interesting to try out.

Problem is; I do not know how to get them to run.
If I double-click the .JAR files, nothing happens.
And the MRJ Applet Runner turns out to be equally useless.

Does anyone here have any advice?

Tom Stone

Post a reply to this message

> Several interesting Java programs, with pov-outputs, have appeared that
> would be interesting to try out.
>
> Problem is; I do not know how to get them to run.
> If I double-click the .JAR files, nothing happens.
> And the MRJ Applet Runner turns out to be equally useless.
>
> Does anyone here have any advice?

Newer Java programs requires a newer version of Java, which is only
available on Mac OS X.  One of Apple's ideas to force people to move to Mac
OS X :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

> Several interesting Java programs, with pov-outputs, have appeared that
> would be interesting to try out.
>
> Problem is; I do not know how to get them to run.
> If I double-click the .JAR files, nothing happens.
> And the MRJ Applet Runner turns out to be equally useless.
>
> Does anyone here have any advice?

Tom,

It sounds as though you're running OS 9. Is that correct? If so, I'm not
sure you're going to have much luck with getting current Java apps to run.

If you're using OS X, then you simply use the following command from a
terminal to run the app:

java -jar jar-file

That should be it.

-David