POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Java on Mac? : Re: Java on Mac? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:02:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Java on Mac?
From: Tom Stone
Date: 6 Aug 2004 23:49:49
Message: <41145150.9B29018B@swipnet.se>
David Nedrow wrote:

> It sounds as though you're running OS 9. Is that correct? If so, I'm not
> sure you're going to have much luck with getting current Java apps to run.

Yep, OS 9.2.2. And as I understood from Thorsten's reply, Java programs can't
be run on my platform anymore.
Not much of a disappointment though, I've never had much success with Java
programs before this either.
If they even run at all, they are usually painfully slow. A mystery that it
has gained such popularity.

I'm grateful for your answer though. Thanks!
Tom Stone