POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Power book OS 9 Server Time
18 May 2024 07:48:54 EDT (-0400)
  Power book OS 9 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ryan Mooney
Subject: Power book OS 9
Date: 14 Mar 2001 01:18:52
Message: <3AAF0DD1.1C0861AC@earthlink.net>
My mom has a power book g3 that i have been using... Pov will not
perform properly on... The symptoms are: The "Stop Rendering" will not
work,  Quick time movies will not save properly (blank white movie), If
the file has a problem finding an included file ie. (ttf) the program
quits with error 2, various other "system error" problems...

Stats:
Power book g3
Os 9
over 100 Mg Ram
10 gig Hd

Everything works fine on my very slow machine operating Os 8.1...
Working Machine Stats:
Power Mac 7100/80
Os 8.1
72 Mg Ram
600+ Kb Hd

Please help it would be much nicer to work animation's on my moms
computer but with the current frustrations i stick to stills on my
computer... =[

Post a reply to this message

> My mom has a power book g3 that i have been using... Pov will not
> perform properly on... The symptoms are: The "Stop Rendering" will not
> work,  Quick time movies will not save properly (blank white movie), If
> the file has a problem finding an included file ie. (ttf) the program
> quits with error 2, various other "system error" problems...

> Please help it would be much nicer to work animation's on my moms
> computer but with the current frustrations i stick to stills on my
> computer... =[

Possible causes:

- Weird extensions
- Corrupted download
- Corrupted harddisk
- Corrupted system

Steps to isolate the problem:  Do one step after the other until the
problems stop.  Of course you should reboot after ever step!

- Turn off all PowerBook specific Energy Saver modes (see Apple
  PowerBook manual and follow instructions for maximum application
  performance there)
- Turn off all nonstandard system extensions (like Kaleidoscope).
- Download POV-Ray again (or move a known-good copy to the computer)
- Run Disk First Aid from the System Recover CD on all partitions
- Turn off virtual memory
- Reinstall the system. Install POV-Ray as the first program and try it.

After one of these steps POV-Ray will run.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.