POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : For Statement in 3.5? Server Time
18 May 2024 08:32:19 EDT (-0400)
  For Statement in 3.5? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ryan Mooney
Subject: For Statement in 3.5?
Date: 16 Dec 2000 18:49:13
Message: <3A3AAE04.E2240E93@earthlink.net>
Someone mentioned the advantages of adding a for statement to the pov
ray syntax... I was wondering if this were something to happen in the
3.5 release... I think it would save allot of time in writing... Seeing
how the for statement takes care of the initial variable declaration,
the condition and the updating statement in one line...

Also wondering if we might be adopting the C++ conventions like the ++
and += operators...?

Will we have a new Pov-Ray for X-Mas...=)

That's All,
Happy holidays to all povers around the world...

Ryan Mooney... Moon47... Some Guy...

Post a reply to this message

> Someone mentioned the advantages of adding a for statement to the pov
> ray syntax... I was wondering if this were something to happen in the
> 3.5 release... I think it would save allot of time in writing... Seeing
> how the for statement takes care of the initial variable declaration,
> the condition and the updating statement in one line...
>
> Also wondering if we might be adopting the C++ conventions like the ++
> and += operators...?

Nope...see the message in povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions by
Chris Cason, "POV-Team Status Report - September 1, 2000" for the latest
information on POV 3.5. It includes the list of features the POV Team
plans to include.

> Will we have a new Pov-Ray for X-Mas...=)

Unlikely...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

> > Will we have a new Pov-Ray for X-Mas...=)
>
> Unlikely...
>
> --
> Christopher James Huff
> Personal: chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/
> TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg, http://tag.povray.org/
>
> <><

Post a reply to this message

Throw in curly brackets while you're at it. :-)
______
David McCabe
dav### [at] maccom
http://homepage.mac.com/davidmccabe/index.htm