POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Announce: MegaPov 0.5a available. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 09:50:54 EDT (-0400)
  Announce: MegaPov 0.5a available. (Message 21 to 30 of 51)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Announce: MegaPov 0.5a available.
Date: 3 Jun 2000 07:56:04
Message: <3938f254@news.povray.org>
In article <3938A752.3E308FEF@iol.it> , Alessandro Coppo <a.c### [at] iolit>
wrote:

> PNG is supported by rel 4 browsers (IE4 supports it, there is just a problem:
> you can add and IMG tag to a page but for unknown reasons drag-dropping the
> PNG file is not supported, so many people think IE4 is not PNG aware).

This is only correct for IE 4 for Windows, IE 4 for Mac OS does not support
it at all (but IE 5 does).

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: Matthew Bennett
Date: 3 Jun 2000 09:44:59
Message: <39390bdb@news.povray.org>
> MegaPov 0.5a is now available for Windows and Mac (other versions will
> follow from other developers).

Woohoo! - thanks:)
The updated win32 3.1g interface is the icing on the cake:)

> PLEASE NOTE: GIF support has been removed due to the Unisys patent on LZW
> decompression.  Please view the link at the end of this message if you
want

This doesn't bother me at all, and serves them right that such a popular
graphics program (or at least a popular patch of one;) should drop their
format because of their ridiculous legal issues.

Matt

Post a reply to this message