POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Quick Time 4 issue Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:00:59 EDT (-0400)
  Quick Time 4 issue (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Josh English
Subject: Quick Time 4 issue
Date: 11 May 1999 19:11:08
Message: <3738487A.B7D72CD9@spiritone.com>
I upgraded to QT4 the other day (Really wanted to view the Phantom Menace
previews) and when I launch POV3.1d I get a message about missing compression
components. One force quit later and I can launch the program with out errors,
and it still is putting a custom icon on my rendered scenes, but when I output
to a quicktime movie it spits out a blank movie that is 4k in size.

Has anyone else run into problems with QT4?

(I"m also running 7.6.1 on one computer, I haven't experimented with the iMac
at home yet)

Joshua

eng### [at] spiritonecom

Post a reply to this message

> I upgraded to QT4 the other day (Really wanted to view the Phantom Menace
> previews) and when I launch POV3.1d I get a message about missing compression
> components. One force quit later and I can launch the program with out errors,
> and it still is putting a custom icon on my rendered scenes, but when I output
> to a quicktime movie it spits out a blank movie that is 4k in size.
>
> Has anyone else run into problems with QT4?

this seems to be a problem with the QuickTime beta (after that is why they
call it _beta_). The movie output as well as compression control code is
mostly based on Apple sample code for QuickTime. It seems that doing a *full
install* of Quicktime 4 beta removes the problems (other apps have the
same...) - it seems they spend more time developing this childish user
interface than on debugging their beta :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: Tho### [at] csicom