POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.international : Beta version of the POVMuseum Server Time
20 Jun 2024 11:10:28 EDT (-0400)
  Beta version of the POVMuseum (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: JC (Exether)
Subject: Re: Beta version of the POVMuseum
Date: 17 Feb 2004 13:39:08
Message: <40325fcc$1@news.povray.org>
Mozilla 1.6 (Windows XP version) blocks them fine.

JC

Timon Christl wrote:
> Pablo Viojo wrote:
>
>> A first beta version of the main page is available at :
>>
>> http://povmuseum.cjb.net/beta/main.htm
>>
>> I'm waiting for your comments
>

> Does not look bad, the design is simple but elegant and the usual design
> flaws have been avoided (like unreadable font sizes or bad choice of
> colors).
>
> One thing is not OK though: Is it really necessary to set cookies and
> open a popup (that Mozilla is not able to block, btw)? I can live with
> cookies, but popups are something that cause me to get angry. I
> understand that most likely your web hoster does these things behind
> your back, but to a technical layman it appears to be you that does
> them, and they will blame you, not the hoster. Please try to remedy this
> situation, even if it means changing the web hoster. Your future
> visitors will be grateful.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 17 Feb 2004 14:34:15
Message: <40326cb7@news.povray.org>
In povray.general Timon Christl <me### [at] christltimonde> wrote:
> open a popup (that Mozilla is not able to block, btw)

  It doesn't open it here. I'm using Mozilla 1.5.

From: Jim Charter
Date: 17 Feb 2004 14:49:10
Message: <40327036$1@news.povray.org>
Neither for me,  Firefox

Post a reply to this message

From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 17 Feb 2004 15:01:12
Message: <40327308@news.povray.org>
Pablo Viojo wrote:
> http://povmuseum.cjb.net/beta/main.htm
>
> I'm waiting for your comments

Nice design but...
I normally do not like fixed-with pages.

Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message

From: Pablo Viojo
Date: 17 Feb 2004 17:36:51
Message: <40329783$1@news.povray.org>
> One thing is not OK though: Is it really necessary to set cookies and
> open a popup (that Mozilla is not able to block, btw)? I can live with
> cookies, but popups are something that cause me to get angry.

The pop's are opened by the redirect system wich is provisional as long as
I'm planning to register my own domain for the Museum if I can keep working
on it.

If you want to open it withoput pop's the URL is

http://www15.brinkster.com/fab4/pm/beta/main.htm

(a bit long :)

Thank you for all the comments.

Pablo Viojo