POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model? Server Time
28 Oct 2024 04:49:36 EDT (-0400)
  Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model? (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Harry Peverell
Subject: Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model?
Date: 7 Oct 2024 08:50:00
Message: <web.6703d83034dbd822692b25c1b1b44dfe@news.povray.org>
I'm having trouble with my POV-Ray rendering. The rendered image doesn't match
my mesh model correctly. Specifically, there's a small rectangular area in the
rendered output that looks different from the mesh.As you can see in the
attachment, mesh model is on the left and rendered output is on the right.

Does anyone know what might be causing this discrepancy? Any help would be much
appreciated!

Harry

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '1.png' (156 KB)

Preview of image '1.png'
1.png

"Harry Peverell" <har### [at] 163com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble with my POV-Ray rendering. The rendered image doesn't match
> my mesh model correctly. Specifically, there's a small rectangular area in the
> rendered output that looks different from the mesh.As you can see in the
> attachment, mesh model is on the left and rendered output is on the right.
>
> Does anyone know what might be causing this discrepancy? Any help would be much
> appreciated!

somewhere in the documentation is a proviso about order of vertices and
interior/exterior textures.  if you provide your mesh with both (interior and
external) texture, does the "discrepancy" show up coloured ?

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message