POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I think I found the funky hieght field trouble! Server Time
29 Mar 2024 05:40:27 EDT (-0400)
  I think I found the funky hieght field trouble! (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Leroy
Subject: I think I found the funky hieght field trouble!
Date: 21 Mar 2023 15:05:00
Message: <web.6419fc41d69325abb201e5baf712fc00@news.povray.org>
You know the spotted base where the height=0.
I was going through the 3.6 source code and there is:

const DBL HFIELD_OFFSET = 0.001;

This was added and subtracted to the bounding box as well as other things I
haven't chased down.

The point is that if I use a water_line of .001 the spots goes away.

I don't know about other versions. I guess I need to chase them down.

Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message