POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Area Light Setup Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:36:56 EDT (-0400)
  Area Light Setup (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: 88Keys
Subject: Re: Area Light Setup
Date: 25 Jan 2023 21:50:00
Message: <web.63d1ea1d10df5b0e4907a549264adf70@news.povray.org>
Wow, thank you!  That's incredibly helpful, all of you.  Can't thank you enough,
I actually understand it now.  Again, thank you all so much.

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 26 Jan 2023 14:41:00
Message: <63d2d74c@news.povray.org>
On 2023-01-25 12:22 (-4), Alain Martel wrote:

> Any sampling array size between those values will be silently increased
> to the following size of the list. A 4 x 4 adaptive is really 5 x 5, 6 x
> 6 is promoted to 9 x 9 and 10 x 10 become 17 x 17.

Not according to my tests.  The attached images were rendered with
area_illumination to reveal the internal array of lights.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'circular_light-20230126.jpg' (72 KB)

Preview of image 'circular_light-20230126.jpg'
circular_light-20230126.jpg