POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : It's been a {FILTERED} year now. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  It's been a {FILTERED} year now. (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: It's been a {FILTERED} year now.
Date: 7 Feb 2008 19:41:25
Message: <47aba535@news.povray.org>
PASSENGER:  How long until this train leaves?

CONDUCTOR:  That depends.

PASSENGER:  Depends on what?

CONDUCTOR:  That, also, depends.

--

It has been over a year since activity took place on the IRTC.  If the
old admin won't come back and do the admin thing, replacement is long

If the admin, in spite of his/her/its inactivity, cannot be replaced,
the reasons therefore need to be made known to the IRTC community.

If the IRTC is dead and cannot be brought back, the time has come to
make it official.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> It has been over a year since activity took place on the IRTC.  If the
> old admin won't come back and do the admin thing, replacement is long
> overdue.

Didn't Thorsten tell us to just wait a bit?

Post a reply to this message

John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> PASSENGER:  How long until this train leaves?
>
> CONDUCTOR:  That depends.
>
> PASSENGER:  Depends on what?
>
> CONDUCTOR:  That, also, depends.
>
> --
>
> It has been over a year since activity took place on the IRTC.  If the
> old admin won't come back and do the admin thing, replacement is long
> overdue.
>
> If the admin, in spite of his/her/its inactivity, cannot be replaced,
> the reasons therefore need to be made known to the IRTC community.
>
> If the IRTC is dead and cannot be brought back, the time has come to
> make it official.
>
> Regards,
> John

I agree.  What I find most annoying is that the final round was never resolved
for those who participated.  No voting, no winner.  I'm sure some people worked
hard on their images.  I know I would have found it disappointing if I had
submitted.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> It has been over a year since activity took place on the IRTC.  If the
>> old admin won't come back and do the admin thing, replacement is long
>> overdue.
>>

> Didn't Thorsten tell us to just wait a bit?

A bit << a year.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message