POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with area lights and transform{}? Server Time
4 May 2024 04:00:54 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with area lights and transform{}? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Problem with area lights and transform{}?
Date: 4 May 2007 19:09:14
Message: <463bbd1a$1@news.povray.org>
Just as a tip,

Generally with light sources I calculate the post-transform location of
the light, and simply place it at the calculated spot, with no
transform.  The vectors that specify the size of the area light get
scaled and rotated as necessary, and I put the results into the
light_source statement.

Lighting is generally important enough to merit more direct attention
than to toss a transform into the light_source {} statement block.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message