POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color problem with image maps Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Color problem with image maps (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Exether
Subject: Color problem with image maps
Date: 7 Feb 2003 05:40:03
Message: <web.3e438c767bcb3357ff03c7cd0@news.povray.org>
I noticed recently that the color I get with an image map is not exactly
what I expected. So I did a few tests with the following (with a basic
camera and light) :

sphere {
  <1,1,0>, 1
  pigment { rgb <112,57,57>/255 }
}

sphere {
  <-1,1,0>, 1
  pigment { image_map { png "img_col.png" } }
}

Where img_col.png is a uniform image of the <112,57,57> color (#703939) made
with GIMP. What I see is that the mapped sphere is darker when I expected
it to be the same. Then I try to get the same color by changing the first
sphere's color to 0.5*<112,57,57>/255 so that they are about the same
brightness. But then the mapped sphere seems to be more Red that the other
one.

All that seems strange to me, maybe I missed something obvious, if you guys
know something about it, please tell me. Tx

JC

Post a reply to this message