POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [feature idea] blob pattern Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  [feature idea] blob pattern (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: ingo
Subject: [feature idea] blob pattern
Date: 12 Jul 2022 13:15:00
Message: <web.62cdab3128d2013917bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
Maybe I can get somebody inspired to implement it in POV-Ray.

I simulated a "blob texture". Created a 10x10x10 virtual grid and put a random
point in each cell. That's the centre of a "blob item", that is, I used the blob
equation from the docs to calculate grey values. The radius is randomized
between 0.5 and 2.5. The strength is kept at 1.0 and the threshold is not used.

The worley noise is based on the same principle and also calculates the minimum
distance between the points to find the nearest neighbour. The crackle pattern
uses this and probably more. So the basics for such a pattern may be there. The
minimum distance could be used as radius, or strength.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blobtexture_8.png' (131 KB)

Preview of image 'blobtexture_8.png'
blobtexture_8.png

> Maybe I can get somebody inspired to implement it in POV-Ray.
>
> I simulated a "blob texture".

30x30x5 grid. Random values for strength -1.0 to 1.0, then all brought into the
0-1 range for the image. No gamma.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blob30.png' (163 KB)