POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Sounds of POV-Ray Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:07:23 EDT (-0400)
  The Sounds of POV-Ray (Message 1 to 10 of 34)
From: ingo
Subject: The Sounds of POV-Ray
Date: 1 Apr 2021 10:29:42
Message: <XnsACFFA7C775533seed7@news.povray.org>
https://ingoogni.nl/povray/sounds-of-povray/the-sound-of-povray/

The last weeks I've been exploring ways to use POV-Ray for sound creation.
It actaully works quite simple. I put up a first article on it. Very basic
(the site also). More will follow,

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Re: The Sounds of POV-Ray
Date: 1 Apr 2021 11:21:08
Message: <6065e4e4$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/1/21 10:29 AM, ingo wrote:
> https://ingoogni.nl/povray/sounds-of-povray/the-sound-of-povray/
>
> The last weeks I've been exploring ways to use POV-Ray for sound creation.
> It actaully works quite simple. I put up a first article on it. Very basic
> (the site also). More will follow,
>
> Ingo

Wow. That's cool! :-)

I was also not aware of https://supercollider.github.io

---
I've done almost no animation over the years, but a question I've
carried around for a long while is:

Has anyone has figured out how to add sound synchronization 'hooks' into
rendered frames or file associated frames during particular frame
renders by Pov-Ray?

I'm think something along the lines of generating a hook for a collision
sound when a given collision between two shapes happens. The hook could
be generated in a generic way allowing for other animation changes - the
sound hook would track.

I'm guessing the synchronization must have been worked out by those
doing renders (a), but I don't recall ever running across someone doing
this in POV-Ray animations from the SDL.

(a) Been posted about in the past, but these guys at
https://www.animusic.com/ have been at something like the merge of
animation and music for long while.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message