POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Materials library Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Materials library (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: yesbird
Subject: Materials library
Date: 22 Mar 2023 07:57:07
Message: <641aed13@news.povray.org>
Hi,
As part of C4D to POV converter (https://github.com/syanenko/cinema2pov)
I would like to implement a materials library, containing the most
impressive samples to represent POV abilities from the best side.

I looked through 'textures.inc' and found a set of materials itself,
different textures and pigments. This is a good source of data to start
from (example attached), but if someone will point me to another source,
it will save a lot of time for me, which I will spend on development of
other features, like blobs (metaballs) export, for example.

Thanks in advance,
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'materials.inc.txt' (3 KB)

> I looked through 'textures.inc' and found a set of materials itself,
> different textures and pigments. This is a good source of data to start
> from (example attached), but if someone will point me to another source,
> it will save a lot of time for me, ...

searching for 'material' from the POV-Ray home page got me "About 1,090
results".  had only a v brief look at the first two results pages but think that
you can find much usable stuff.  (with flask of coffee to hand.. ;-))

regards, jr.