POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server failure Server Time
2 May 2024 18:50:17 EDT (-0400)
  Server failure (Message 31 to 40 of 88)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Server failure
Date: 21 Mar 2021 10:28:20
Message: <60575804$1@news.povray.org>
Chris,

Thank you for doing all of the work to get the system back up and
running again.    I'm sure it's an undertaking on a scale that most of
us can't fully appreciate.

I know that you are busy getting everything re-installed, etc.   But I
was wondering if there will be any upgrades/changes to the way the
newsgroups work.   I know that a lot of us would like to be able to
include attachments in ANY of the newsgroups.

Perhaps having some more decentralization would be good, if at all
possible.  I know that Mike Williams' site has been down for a while.
I backed that up and created a PDF and a zip file of all of his sources.
  I have all of Friedrich Lohmueller's excellent work as well.
Perhaps we could have some dedicated space on the new server for that
material, and maybe mull over a mechanism by which the core POV-Ray
material (source, binaries, documentation) could have backups hosted on
one or more other sites.

Again, thank you for doing what I'm sure is a LOT of highly focused,
specialized technical work.  Everything associated with the new server
is not free - Perhaps there is something some of us could do by check,
paypal, patreon, ....?

- Bill "Bald Eagle" Walker
(feel free to copy your reply to my email)

Post a reply to this message