POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server failure : Re: Server failure Server Time
17 May 2024 05:55:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server failure
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 22 Mar 2021 13:05:38
Message: <6058ce62$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-03-22 11:54 AM (-4), Chris Cason wrote:
> Current status: the webview of the newsgroups is back up again, though
> in read-only mode for now (and not taking a feed from the NNTP server yet).
>
> There were a LOT of changes needed to the code to make it work with PHP7
> so some breakage or strange behavior can be expected. If anything looks
> particularly wonky please let me know.

One thing that was wonky for a long time but seems to be fixed now is
that when non-ASCII characters were entered through a newsreader, they
were incorrectly converted in the Web view.  They look fine now.

The Web view also added an extra space if text was indented in the
newsreader.  This is still happening.