POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ambient Occlusion in POV? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Ambient Occlusion in POV? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: anto matkovic
Subject: Ambient Occlusion in POV?
Date: 1 Apr 2004 18:39:15
Message: <406ca823@news.povray.org>
I am just curious - did someone tried to implement this in POV?
Something like at
http://www-viz.tamu.edu/students/bmoyer/617/ambocc/
Seems to be popular in renderers like a Mental Ray, Lightwave (gMill, I
think).
Big advantage of AO is apllying local as material, usually it probe geometry
only,  without lighting or colors, and simply do holes darker, so it can
process a lot of details, very fast....

Post a reply to this message