POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with True Type Font Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with True Type Font (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Reuben Pearse
Subject: Problem with True Type Font
Date: 21 Aug 2003 12:22:09
Message: <3f44f1b1$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

When rendering some text using a True Type Font called Metrostyle in Povray
3.5, it renders strange characters (i.e. "Hello" becomes "$66#")

My code snippet is below

Any help greatly appreciated

Reuben
reu### [at] pearsecouk
============================
  #include "colors.inc"
  background{LightSteelBlue}
  camera {
    angle 60
    location <0,0,-10>
    look_at <0,0,0>
  }
  light_source { <20, 50, -100> color White}
  light_source { <0, 0, 0> color White}

// Stick text in middle of image
//-----------------------------
      text { ttf "metr75.ttf" "Hello" 0.3, 0
      pigment { GreenCopper }
      finish { reflection 0.1 specular 1 }
      translate -3*x
      translate -0.2*y
      translate -1.5 *z
      scale 0.8*y
      scale 0.8*x
      no_shadow
    }
//-----------------------------
==========================

Post a reply to this message

"Reuben Pearse" <reu### [at] pearsecouk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> When rendering some text using a True Type Font called Metrostyle in
Povray
> 3.5, it renders strange characters (i.e. "Hello" becomes "$66#")

If TTF were HTML, then Pov would be Opera - it's fairly unforgiving of TTF
file-format-errors.

Sorry for not offering anything more helpful, but your post was looking
lonely.

Post a reply to this message