POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : multiple object duplication factoring question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  multiple object duplication factoring question (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: multiple object duplication factoring question
Date: 11 Jul 2003 10:54:18
Message: <3f0ecf9a$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm attempting to make a chain of objects (about 300 of them) in which each
object is .04 units larger than the preceding one. Each object needs to be
translated *in proportion* to its increase in size. For example, the first
object is scale 1, the second is scale 1.04, trans .01*X. My calculator
tells me that the translation =scale*0.0096154*object's number in the chain
(the first one being 0, the second one being 1, etc). So, the third object
is scale 1.08*0.0096154*2=trans 0.0207692; the fourth would be
scale 1.12*0.0096154*3=trans 0.0323076, and so on. I could calculate each
translation and go crazy in the process, or find an easier way to do it. Do
any of you have any suggestions?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message