POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth curve with splines? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Smooth curve with splines? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Tyler Eaves
Subject: Smooth curve with splines?
Date: 1 Apr 2003 22:26:33
Message: <3e8a5868@news.povray.org>
Hi gang!

Looking for a way to do a spline that follows the smoothest possible curve.
What do I mean by that? Heres an example.

spline{
        0, <0,0,-1>
        1, <0,0,0>
        2, <1,0,1>
        3, <2,0,0>
        4, <2,0,-1>
}

Should produce a perfect 180 curve, with straght lines entering and exiting.
The final goal of the project is to render a rollercoaster design, so smooth
curves are a must!

Post a reply to this message