POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Specular Lens Flares? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:55:02 EDT (-0400)
  Specular Lens Flares? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: Specular Lens Flares?
Date: 11 Mar 2002 09:07:39
Message: <3c8cba2b@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Assuming we have a sphere and one point light source, is it possible to work
out the point on the sphere where the specular highlight is, *and then* pass
that vector to Chris Colefax's Lens Effects include file? I *could* place
the flare by trial and error, but would like to animate the scene.

Andy

Post a reply to this message

Yes, that is possible with a sphere. Not sure about more complex objects. I
suggest you take a look at the documentation for Pov3.5 :

4.2  POV-Ray SDL tutorial: A raytracer

- And the sub texts, I think they will give you exactly what you're looking
for.

Regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message

> Assuming we have a sphere and one point light source, is it possible to
> work out the point on the sphere where the specular highlight is, *and
> then* pass that vector to Chris Colefax's Lens Effects include file? I
> *could* place the flare by trial and error, but would like to animate the
> scene.

Are you still looking for a solution to the problem? I think I just have
seen the solution for an equivalent problem.

Post a reply to this message