POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Praise POV-Ray 3.5 ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Praise POV-Ray 3.5 ! (Message 1 to 10 of 49)
From: Rune
Subject: Praise POV-Ray 3.5 !
Date: 5 Sep 2001 12:42:54
Message: <3b96560e@news.povray.org>
I know, it's just the beta, but that's not the point here.

The new newsgroup povray.beta-test is for reporting bugs and such things.
But I think all the general happy comments should be posted elsewhere, such
as in this group.

So I'll just start here.

I've been a pre-beta tester for a while, but all the testing etc. meant I
didn't have much time to just play - but I have now!

While updating an old scene of mine to POV-Ray 3.5 syntax I founds out just
how nice the new image_pattern is! Before, I had to use a material_map with
a while loop generating the 256 textures used. The image used in the
material_map also had to be grayscale before it worked.

Now I use a very simple image_pattern instead. No while-loop, no need to
convert to grayscale, and no confusing code - just one single pigment with a
very simple color_map does the job! image_pattern is great! :)

Now, anybody else have some praises they want to share? :D

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)