POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help Creating parabolic mirrors Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Help Creating parabolic mirrors (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: MichaelIuliano
Subject: Help Creating parabolic mirrors
Date: 7 Aug 2003 14:15:37
Message: <3F32970D.2020305@comcast.net>
If anyone has the time I could sure use some help creating three objects

First an annular parabolic mirror.
-Made of solid glass or hollow
-Having an adjustable parabolic curve in order to change the focal length
It would look like a clear or hollow  parabolic torus cut in half with
its interior surface mirrored, interior media clear or hollow and its
exterior opaque.

Second a parabolic mirror
-Made of glass and hollow
-Having an adjustable parabolic curve in order to change the focal length
It would look like a parabolic bowl with its interior surface mirrored,
interior media clear or hollow, and its exterior surface opaque

Third an omni-directional mirror
-Made of glass and hollow
-Having an semitransparent external mirror coating while the interior
would be fully transparent
It would look like a cone with a rounded apex with its exterior surface
  coated with a semitransparent mirrored interior surface fully transparent

Thanks

Post a reply to this message