POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Quake-like Lights? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Quake-like Lights? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Eitan Tal
Subject: Quake-like Lights?
Date: 1 Oct 2001 03:59:14
Message: <3BB82174.9FB48B9@netvision.net.il>
I'm looking for a light that its power will be reduced by distance
(squared distance)
light_source {} seems to just spread out and not lose its power.
Also, atmosphere, halogen, and many other features don't work at 3.1g.

I have several neon-lights - 4 red, green, and blue.
when I place a light-source on them (I can also use looks_like) on the
appropriate color,
everything gets colored in white, except for tiny areas which are on
shaded.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm looking for a light that its power will be reduced by distance
> (squared distance)
> light_source {} seems to just spread out and not lose its power.
> Also, atmosphere, halogen, and many other features don't work at 3.1g.
>
> I have several neon-lights - 4 red, green, and blue.
> when I place a light-source on them (I can also use looks_like) on the
> appropriate color,
> everything gets colored in white, except for tiny areas which are on
> shaded.

How about fade_power and fade_distance?

See chapter 6.5.7.9 in the 3.5 docs.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

it doesn't support atmosphere, halogen, and several light settings.
I'm getting a new version.

Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Eitan Tal wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking for a light that its power will be reduced by distance
> > (squared distance)
> > light_source {} seems to just spread out and not lose its power.
> > Also, atmosphere, halogen, and many other features don't work at 3.1g.
> >
> > I have several neon-lights - 4 red, green, and blue.
> > when I place a light-source on them (I can also use looks_like) on the
> > appropriate color,
> > everything gets colored in white, except for tiny areas which are on
> > shaded.
>
> How about fade_power and fade_distance?
>
> See chapter 6.5.7.9 in the 3.5 docs.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
> IsoWood include, radiosity tutorial, TransSkin and other
> things on: http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/

Post a reply to this message

Hey, it is not old, it's the current one, while 3.5 is still beta.
Atmosphere, and halo (if this is what you mean) were replaced in your
version (and will be in all following ones) by media, which is much more
flexible.

fade_power and fade_distance are supported by 3.1g and you really should
check the docs about those features.

Marc-Hendrik

Eitan Tal schrieb in Nachricht <3BB859BA.2E31F4A5@netvision.net.il>...