POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : +J and -J Server Time
21 Jul 2024 01:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  +J and -J (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: +J and -J
Date: 21 Dec 2000 01:10:59
Message: <3A419EF6.9C5AEF33@ij.net>
For animation with 3.1g an .ini setting of +J5.5 results in the
expected supersampling of 5.5 in the parsing report. So does -J5.5. Only
-J by itself results in 1.0.

	I have yet to test if this is an artifact of the parsing report or it
is in fact rendered with 5.5 wheter plus or minus.

--
Any explanation differing from the official government
explanation is likely true.

Post a reply to this message

"Matt Giwer" <jul### [at] ijnet> wrote in message
> For animation with 3.1g an .ini setting of +J5.5 results in the
> expected supersampling of 5.5 in the parsing report. So does -J5.5. Only
> -J by itself results in 1.0.
>
> I have yet to test if this is an artifact of the parsing report or it
> is in fact rendered with 5.5 wheter plus or minus.

I seem to remember being confused by this before.
 When rendering an anim, it's best (I think) to turn jitter off. I used -j,
but jitter remained at 1.0. I think I managed to turn off jitter by using
jitter=off in my ini file.

Andy Cocker

Post a reply to this message

> I seem to remember being confused by this before.
>  When rendering an anim, it's best (I think) to turn jitter off. I
used -j,
> but jitter remained at 1.0. I think I managed to turn off jitter by using
> jitter=off in my ini file.

I use +J0.00

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000 01:11:02 -0500, Matt Giwer <jul### [at] ijnet> wrote:

>	For animation with 3.1g an .ini setting of +J5.5 results in the
>expected supersampling of 5.5 in the parsing report. So does -J5.5. Only
>-J by itself results in 1.0.

>	I have yet to test if this is an artifact of the parsing report or it
>is in fact rendered with 5.5 wheter plus or minus.

POV doesn't use jittering when the value after +J is non-positive.
However POV still parses and remembers that value and then reports it.

Try -J5.5 +J and see if it makes a difference with -J5.5 and +J on
their own.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg