POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object oriented features Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  object oriented features (Message 53 to 62 of 62)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: object oriented features
Date: 23 Aug 2000 06:40:20
Message: <39a3aa14@news.povray.org>
In povray.general Nathan Kopp <Nat### [at] koppcom> wrote:
: In other words, the introduction of a new method of doing something, if
: presented properly, will not necessarily confuse newbies, but will provided
: added functionality that experts will grow to love, once they have mastered
: the slightly steeper learning curve.

  This fact seems to be hard to understand to many people who aggressively
fight against new features. Their argument is almost always the same: "It
will be too hard for newusers to learn". They always forget (or they just
ignore) the fact you mentioned above.