POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object oriented features : Re: object oriented features Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object oriented features
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 26 Aug 2000 00:45:32
Message: <39a74b6c$1@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote...
> In article <39a2ff44@news.povray.org> , "Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
> wrote:
>
> > This is very interesting.  Many GUI OS and application designers have
chosen
> > to provide both.  The keyboard shortcuts, which have a higher learning
> > curve, are presented in such a way that experts love them, but newbies
> > ignore them.  Mouse-operated features are used by newbies and experts
alike.

> This was not the reason for my question * :-)

I'm still wondering about the reason for your question.  :-)

I'll answer the question, though:  I find keyboard shortcuts _much_ faster
than using the mouse.  I often use the ALT key on my PC to access menus
instead of reaching over for the mouse.  I like to use the mouse only for
pointing tasks, such as selecting text and working with graphics.  However,
if I have the mouse in my hand (when doing pointing-related tasks), it then
becomes more convenient for me to access menus and buttons via the mouse
instead of the keyboard.

If a function can be accessed in multiple ways, I tend to use whichever way
is most convenient at that time.  One single access method is usually not
universally convenient -- it will be most convenient in some situations, but
less convenient in others.

-Nathan