POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TTF rendering problems Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:58 EDT (-0400)
  TTF rendering problems (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: FlameStrike
Subject: TTF rendering problems
Date: 23 May 2000 00:33:30
Message: <8F3CEF0C9flamestrikemailev1ne@204.213.191.228>
I've just been trying to render a logo image for a web-site I'm working on,
but the true-type font I'm using for the text is producing unusual symbols
when rendered, though the text shows up normally using Moray to model the
image.

I was hoping someone here could help me figure out where the problem lies so
I can fix it. Is it in the font file, or somewhere in the renderring process?

Thanks.
--
FlameStrike
"My honor is my life!"

Post a reply to this message

> I've just been trying to render a logo image for a web-site I'm working on,
> but the true-type font I'm using for the text is producing unusual symbols
> when rendered, though the text shows up normally using Moray to model the
> image.
>
> I was hoping someone here could help me figure out where the problem lies so
> I can fix it. Is it in the font file, or somewhere in the renderring process?

If you are using extended characters from the character set in the font
you are using the problem is with POV-Ray itself.

When I come across this POV-related problem, I either create a heightfield from
the text in a paint/graphics program - or - use EleFont to create the text and
export to UDO.  EleFont also has some nice bevel features.

FlameStrike wrote:

> I've just been trying to render a logo image for a web-site I'm working on,
> but the true-type font I'm using for the text is producing unusual symbols
> when rendered, though the text shows up normally using Moray to model the
> image.
>
> I was hoping someone here could help me figure out where the problem lies so
> I can fix it. Is it in the font file, or somewhere in the renderring process?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> FlameStrike
> "My honor is my life!"