POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! (Message 31 to 40 of 94)
From: Robert J Becraft
Subject: Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
Date: 27 Dec 1997 02:04:04
Message: <34A4A864.1F45@aol.nonet.com>
Brook Monroe wrote:

> The Y axis is UP?  What country did YOU study geometry in? <G> This is
> going to ruddy well make things difficult to produce in Moray, you know.

Yes.  Hold up sheet of paper.  Draw x-y graph... x goes across the
bottom, y goes up the page... now add z... that goes on sheets of paper
placed in front of or behind your first page.

Y is UP.

Regards,
Robert J Becraft
aka cas### [at] aolcom

Post a reply to this message

> > The Y axis is UP?  What country did YOU study geometry in? <G> This is
> > going to ruddy well make things difficult to produce in Moray, you know.
> >

> Yes.  Hold up sheet of paper.  Draw x-y graph... x goes across the
> bottom, y goes up the page... now add z... that goes on sheets of paper
> placed in front of or behind your first page.
>
> Y is UP.
>
> Regards,
> Robert J Becraft
> aka cas### [at] aolcom

Personally I agree - Up with Y.

The only thing is that there is no sensible argument either way: so to
counter my own opinion, and your argument, lets say you leave this piece
of paper on the table where you drew your X and Y axis. Surely the
sensible place for the Z is perpendicular to the other two lines heading
Up.

My argument is asfloorless as the previous one, and therfore equally
floored.

Think on...

Rob

(actually rox### [at] geocitiescom)

Post a reply to this message

> > > The Y axis is UP?  What country did YOU study geometry in? <G> This is
> > > going to ruddy well make things difficult to produce in Moray, you know.
> > >

> > Yes.  Hold up sheet of paper.  Draw x-y graph... x goes across the
> > bottom, y goes up the page... now add z... that goes on sheets of paper
> > placed in front of or behind your first page.
> >
> > Y is UP.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Robert J Becraft
> > aka cas### [at] aolcom
>
> Personally I agree - Up with Y.
>
> The only thing is that there is no sensible argument either way: so to
> counter my own opinion, and your argument, lets say you leave this piece
> of paper on the table where you drew your X and Y axis. Surely the
> sensible place for the Z is perpendicular to the other two lines heading
> Up.
>
> My argument is asfloorless as the previous one, and therfore equally
> floored.
>
> Think on...
>
> Rob
>
> (actually rox### [at] geocitiescom)

  BearFace and I have agreed that he and I both are right, that Z is up AND that
Y is up, and from now on, we're just going to split the difference and say X is
up, just to keep things simple. <G>

jbm!

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997 23:11:37 -0500, Brook Monroe
<rin### [at] worldnetattnet> wrote:

>  BearFace and I have agreed that he and I both are right, that Z is up AND that
>Y is up, and from now on, we're just going to split the difference and say X is
>up, just to keep things simple. <G>

Why not just add in a W vector?

Post a reply to this message