POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Dave Oxspring
Date: 28 Dec 1997 03:43:52
Message: <34A61148.33CB@cityscape.co.uk>
Robert J Becraft wrote:

> Brook Monroe wrote:
> >
> > The Y axis is UP?  What country did YOU study geometry in? <G> This is
> > going to ruddy well make things difficult to produce in Moray, you know.
> >

> Yes.  Hold up sheet of paper.  Draw x-y graph... x goes across the
> bottom, y goes up the page... now add z... that goes on sheets of paper
> placed in front of or behind your first page.
>
> Y is UP.
>
> Regards,
> Robert J Becraft
> aka cas### [at] aolcom

Personally I agree - Up with Y.

The only thing is that there is no sensible argument either way: so to
counter my own opinion, and your argument, lets say you leave this piece
of paper on the table where you drew your X and Y axis. Surely the
sensible place for the Z is perpendicular to the other two lines heading
Up.

My argument is asfloorless as the previous one, and therfore equally
floored.

Think on...

Rob

(actually rox### [at] geocitiescom)