POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Default values in v3.8.0 Server Time
5 May 2024 19:55:40 EDT (-0400)
  Default values in v3.8.0 (Message 4 to 13 of 24)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: Default values in v3.8.0
Date: 20 Sep 2018 18:43:28
Message: <5ba42290$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/20/2018 05:47 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 20.09.2018 um 22:19 schrieb Kenneth:

> Also, white makes for nice images if you're really just interested in shape.

Isn't like a mid-grey the accepted graphics "standard" for "nothing".

> First of all, as long as you explicitly specify a "right" vector,
> nothing changes at all. User-specified "right" wins over default, as
> previously.

The quickres.ini he mentions does not have "Right" as an attribute (just
Width, Height, and Antialias foo). So 1280x720 *will* look different
then he has previously seen.  It will be more correct :) but it will be
different.

--
dik
Rendered 1024 of 921600 pixels (0%)

Post a reply to this message

On 09/20/2018 06:43 PM, dick balaska wrote:

> The quickres.ini he mentions does not have "Right" as an attribute (just
> Width, Height, and Antialias foo). So 1280x720 *will* look different
> then he has previously seen.  It will be more correct :) but it will be
> different.

That was a dumb statement.  There is no camera in quickres, so there
couldn't be a "right".