POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 macro problem Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:49:06 EDT (-0400)
  alpha.10064268 macro problem (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: jr
Subject: alpha.10064268 macro problem
Date: 3 Apr 2021 14:40:00
Message: <web.6068b5eea7e9bfcc79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

I've run into a problem which I cannot understand.  I'm working on a 'Foreach'
macro, to process arrays.  it works as expected, except..

the below shows the error message I'm getting when I try to create an object
from within the "payload" macro; first run displays the values supplied from an
array, with the offending line (208) commented out.

jr@swift:1:$ povparse fore_demo.pov
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.8.0-alpha.10064268.unofficial
==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
e[0] = 0  e[1] = 0  e[2] = 'one'  e[3] = 7.
e[0] = 2  e[1] = 1  e[2] = 'two'  e[3] = 6.
e[0] = 4  e[1] = 2  e[2] = 'three'  e[3] = 5.
e[0] = 6  e[1] = 3  e[2] = 'four'  e[3] = 3.
e[0] = 1  e[1] = 4  e[2] = 'five'  e[3] = 2.
e[0] = 3  e[1] = 5  e[2] = 'six'  e[3] = 4.
e[0] = 5  e[1] = 6  e[2] = 'seven'  e[3] = 1.
e[0] = 7  e[1] = 7  e[2] = 'eight'  e[3] = 0.
File 'fore_demo.pov' line 216: Parse Warning: No objects in scene.
==== [Rendering...] ========================================================
Rendered 1024 of 1024 pixels (100%)
POV-Ray finished

jr@swift:2:$ povparse fore_demo.pov
==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
e[0] = 0  e[1] = 0  e[2] = 'one'  e[3] = 7.
File 'fore_demo.pov' line 199: Parse Error: Expected 'numeric expression',
 sphere found instead
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

zip attached.  (the demo scene is meant to double as draft documentation, hence
the format)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: