POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : "no" hemp for version 3.8 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:07:33 EDT (-0400)
  "no" hemp for version 3.8 (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: "no" hemp for version 3.8
Date: 1 Jul 2018 10:10:00
Message: <web.5b38e06672f49585458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
So, in order to work on the media thread with jr and Bill P.,
I have 3.8 installed (copied 3.8 binary into 3.7.x directory)

"ABOUT" says Third-party build of POV-Ray v 3.8.0-alpha.9606898+av548.msv14.win

Hitting [F1] or selecting Help from the menu doesn't open the help file.
I have to go to the directory and click on the file.

This seems strange behaviour to me - can anyone confirm / explain / fix?

(Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in beta-test)

Post a reply to this message

On 07/01/2018 10:08 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> So, in order to work on the media thread with jr and Bill P.,
> I have 3.8 installed (copied 3.8 binary into 3.7.x directory)
>
> "ABOUT" says Third-party build of POV-Ray v 3.8.0-alpha.9606898+av548.msv14.win
>
> Hitting [F1] or selecting Help from the menu doesn't open the help file.
> I have to go to the directory and click on the file.
>
> This seems strange behaviour to me - can anyone confirm / explain / fix?

this is from memory only and doze is not my native so your mileage may
vary ... find the .chm file from known good running install and copy it
over to the new installation directory

Post a reply to this message