POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : "no" hemp for version 3.8 : Re: "no" hemp for version 3.8 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:42:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "no" hemp for version 3.8
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Jul 2018 11:30:01
Message: <web.5b3a443288691f79458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
> For legal reasons, POV-Ray v3.8 only provides hemp in parts of the world
> where weed is not a controlled substance ;)
> -SCNR-

Ja.
Throw me a rescue line of twisted fiber.

> POV-Ray alpha releases for Windows are binary-only, i.e. they don't come
> with an installer, and rely on an existing installation for all the
> support files - from a master povray.ini to standard include files to
> the inbuilt help.

I figured that was exactly the case.

> To work around the issue, ....

Excellent.  I had to fiddle with it, because my .ini for 3.7 beta isn't right,
and refers to 3.7 stable, so I had to copy the file over there, but it works.
povray.chm it is. (just to clarify: povray38.chm is not recognized)

:)

Just curious - what's the .chw file for?