POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Wood program but still develop Server Time
9 Aug 2022 16:36:59 EDT (-0400)
  Wood program but still develop (Message 34 to 43 of 49)  
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: jr
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 25 May 2022 11:00:00
Message: <web.628e43bf5b6ed24879e196a6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> ...
> Now I know it does not finish yet.

do you always do "blocks", or have you put the texture to use yet?  (thinking,
eg, the distribution 'woodbox.pov' scene, or such)


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 25 May 2022 11:35:00
Message: <web.628e4c0b5b6ed24a93c4999aa81652d@news.povray.org>
First experiment to apply knot distortion to the base shape.

Very experimental trying. potentiality...?


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'tree knot.png' (911 KB)

Preview of image 'tree knot.png'
tree knot.png


 

From: And
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 25 May 2022 12:35:00
Message: <web.628e59295b6ed24a93c4999aa81652d@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> > ...
> > Now I know it does not finish yet.
>
> do you always do "blocks", or have you put the texture to use yet?  (thinking,
> eg, the distribution 'woodbox.pov' scene, or such)
>
>
> regards, jr.

"Now I know it does not finish yet." with this sentence I mean that I cannot
adjust the texture easily. The program outputs the texture result(only shape
distortion detail) --> color apply...to what I want, is semi-automatic.

I did not apply it to 3D models yet. But I know it certainly can apply.
I have tried mesh camera of POV-Ray.

This image is what I want to attach the material. I have made several models,
and I want to sell them on TurboSquid to rescue my poor situation: never
accomplish important things, no income for a long time, ...

I will share the program here in the form of freeware(Not open source), this is
because the program is the first usable one which I develop (To myself
mainly), and it highly dependent on POV-Ray, I know I do not on the step
developing commercial program yet, I need some feedback so.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'wardrope.png' (1837 KB)

Preview of image 'wardrope.png'
wardrope.png


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 26 May 2022 02:09:02
Message: <628f197e$1@news.povray.org>
Op 25/05/2022 om 17:32 schreef And:
> First experiment to apply knot distortion to the base shape.
> 
> Very experimental trying. potentiality...?

Oh yes! This looks very knot-like, so to speak. You are on the right 
track indeed.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 26 May 2022 07:45:00
Message: <web.628f67ac5b6ed24a93c4999aa81652d@news.povray.org>
Modify it with rather casual, I need 2-3 weeks to arrange the output .inc files.

The knot is an experimental feature.
In fact, I'm not clear on how these knot pattern form in photographs.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'show tree function.png' (1755 KB)

Preview of image 'show tree function.png'
show tree function.png


 

From: Mr
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 26 May 2022 11:15:00
Message: <web.628f98d05b6ed2434c7846e6830a892@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> Modify it with rather casual, I need 2-3 weeks to arrange the output .inc files.
>
> The knot is an experimental feature.
> In fact, I'm not clear on how these knot pattern form in photographs.

This is entering crazy good level realm ! :-)


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 27 May 2022 02:29:24
Message: <62906fc4$1@news.povray.org>
Op 26/05/2022 om 13:42 schreef And:
> Modify it with rather casual, I need 2-3 weeks to arrange the output .inc files.
> 
> The knot is an experimental feature.
> In fact, I'm not clear on how these knot pattern form in photographs.
> 
Well, as knots are cross-sections of branches at different angles, you 
can consider them identical to the main cross-section of the trunk wood. 
Your attempt is very convincing, although - I suppose - your approach to 
generate them is different.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 27 May 2022 11:20:00
Message: <web.6290ebec5b6ed24a93c4999aa81652d@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
>
> This is entering crazy good level realm ! :-)

Thank you.





Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> Op 26/05/2022 om 13:42 schreef And:
> > Modify it with rather casual, I need 2-3 weeks to arrange the output .inc files.
> >
> > The knot is an experimental feature.
> > In fact, I'm not clear on how these knot pattern form in photographs.
> >
> Well, as knots are cross-sections of branches at different angles, you
> can consider them identical to the main cross-section of the trunk wood.
> Your attempt is very convincing, although - I suppose - your approach to
> generate them is different.
>
> --
> Thomas

Different approach...maybe. Totally the concept, it is about... I draw the
standard concentric circles(internal wood pattern) there, but I change the input
coordinate (x, y, z) to (x/factor(..), y/factor(..), z), than it distortion the
original space on x-y plane direction.

The knot is the same. I distortion the pattern shape in a narrow range, (vs r
theta and z)


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 27 May 2022 11:45:00
Message: <web.6290f1cc5b6ed24a93c4999aa81652d@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> Different approach...maybe. Totally the concept, it is about... I draw the
> standard concentric circles(internal wood pattern) there, but I change the input
> coordinate (x, y, z) to (x/factor(..), y/factor(..), z), than it distortion the
> original space on x-y plane direction.
>
> The knot is the same. I distortion the pattern shape in a narrow range, (vs r
> theta and z)





#declare knot_theta_pos = 0.24*pi;
#declare knot_range = 0.41*pi; // 0.28*pi
#declare knot_h_pos = 1.36;

// simple temp r, not a formal one
#declare f_r_vs_t =
function(var_t, h) {
0.03* var_t
}




// r_of_it means the distant of p to the knot(stem) center line.
// but only approximate.
#declare f_knot_about =
function(var_t, r_of_it) {
select(
    r_of_it - knot_range/2,
    (f_r_vs_t(var_t, 0) +0.001*(cos(r_of_it*2*pi/knot_range) +
1)/2/pow(abs(r_of_it), 1.5)  )/f_r_vs_t(var_t, 0),
    1
)
}

#declare f_knot =
function(x, y, z) {
f_knot_about(time_mockup_function(x, y, z), sqrt(pow(f_theta(x,y) -
knot_theta_pos, 2) + pow((z - knot_h_pos)/f_r(x, y, z), 2)) )
}

// -----------------------------------------
#declare time_mockup_with_knot_function =
function (x, y ,z){
time_mockup_function(
x/f_knot(x, y, z),
y/f_knot(x, y, z),
z
)
}


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Wood program but still develop
Date: 3 Jun 2022 08:30:01
Message: <web.6299fd915b6ed24c11d6faaaa81652d@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> > ...
> > Now I know it does not finish yet.
>
> do you always do "blocks", or have you put the texture to use yet?  (thinking,
> eg, the distribution 'woodbox.pov' scene, or such)
>
>
> regards, jr.


After investigate colors from photo. put them together reluctantly.
I apply this yellow color wood to woodbox.pov, only the container.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'woodbox test.png' (3516 KB)

Preview of image 'woodbox test.png'
woodbox test.png


 

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.