POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Wood program but still develop : Re: Wood program but still develop Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood program but still develop
From: And
Date: 27 May 2022 11:20:00
Message: <web.6290ebec5b6ed24a93c4999aa81652d@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:

> This is entering crazy good level realm ! :-)

Thank you.

> Op 26/05/2022 om 13:42 schreef And:
> > Modify it with rather casual, I need 2-3 weeks to arrange the output .inc files.
> >
> > The knot is an experimental feature.
> > In fact, I'm not clear on how these knot pattern form in photographs.
> >
> Well, as knots are cross-sections of branches at different angles, you
> can consider them identical to the main cross-section of the trunk wood.
> Your attempt is very convincing, although - I suppose - your approach to
> generate them is different.
>
> --
> Thomas

Different approach...maybe. Totally the concept, it is about... I draw the
standard concentric circles(internal wood pattern) there, but I change the input
coordinate (x, y, z) to (x/factor(..), y/factor(..), z), than it distortion the
original space on x-y plane direction.

The knot is the same. I distortion the pattern shape in a narrow range, (vs r
theta and z)