POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Characters for Master of Puppets Font Server Time
17 Aug 2022 01:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  New Characters for Master of Puppets Font (Message 1 to 10 of 27)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Dave Blandston
Subject: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 5 Apr 2022 05:15:00
Message: <web.624c0826fffed05bc26296d607c1b34@news.povray.org>
As always, the source is posted in the "povray.text.scene-files" area.

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'masterofpuppetsfont.jpg' (148 KB)

Preview of image 'masterofpuppetsfont.jpg'
masterofpuppetsfont.jpg


 

From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 5 Apr 2022 09:27:17
Message: <624c43b5$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2022-04-05 à 05:13, Dave Blandston a écrit :
> As always, the source is posted in the "povray.text.scene-files" area.
> 
> Kind regards,
> Dave Blandston

How about the French quotes ? « »


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 5 Apr 2022 12:15:00
Message: <web.624c6a0580354cb3fc0c8de6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Dave Blandston" <IsN### [at] protonmailch> wrote:
> As always, the source is posted in the "povray.text.scene-files" area.

thank you.  I do like the ampersand, _stylish_, and other "nice touches"
(copyright, degree :-)).  minor nit, think the gap in the colon could be a bit
bigger, perhaps the same as in exclamation (or question) mark.  and (pushing it
;-)) agree with AM, 'chevrons' would be nice to have)


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 5 Apr 2022 15:10:00
Message: <web.624c93da80354cb3c26296d607c1b34@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:



Yep, I can add those!

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 5 Apr 2022 15:15:00
Message: <web.624c951c80354cb3c26296d607c1b34@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
> thank you.  I do like the ampersand, _stylish_, and other "nice touches"
> (copyright, degree :-)).  minor nit, think the gap in the colon could be a bit
> bigger, perhaps the same as in exclamation (or question) mark.  and (pushing it
> ;-)) agree with AM, 'chevrons' would be nice to have)


Hi jr, I'm not sure what you mean - the gap in the exclamation and question
marks is smaller than the gap in the colon. I'm glad you like the ampersand. It
may get an improvement still since it doesn't match the rest of the characters.
I'll have to cheat to fix it but I'm not above that!

Take care,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 5 Apr 2022 22:15:00
Message: <web.624cf77680354cb3c26296d607c1b34@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:



That was a great idea! Support for French quotes has been implemented. Just set
this variable in your scene file:

#declare MOP_UseFrenchQuoteMarks = yes;

Let me know if I didn't do it right...

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 6 Apr 2022 08:30:00
Message: <web.624d871780354cb3fc0c8de6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Dave Blandston" <IsN### [at] protonmailch> wrote:
> ...
> #declare MOP_UseFrenchQuoteMarks = yes;
>
> Let me know if I didn't do it right...

you didn't do it right !!  :-)

File 'mopfont.inc' line 3704: Parse Error: Unable to file seek in macro.
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

attached renders fine until enabling the new quotes.


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'quote.pov.txt' (2 KB)

From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 6 Apr 2022 10:01:36
Message: <624d9d40$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2022-04-06 à 08:27, jr a écrit :
> hi,
> 
> "Dave Blandston" <IsN### [at] protonmailch> wrote:
>> ...
>> #declare MOP_UseFrenchQuoteMarks = yes;
>>
>> Let me know if I didn't do it right...
> 
> you didn't do it right !!  :-)
> 
> File 'mopfont.inc' line 3704: Parse Error: Unable to file seek in macro.
> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
> Render failed
> 
> attached renders fine until enabling the new quotes.
> 
> 
> regards, jr.

When I try to render your scene, I get this error on line 520 of 
MasterOfPuppetsFont.inc :

«Parse error: No matching }, ; found instead.»
          #local A1 = 2 * ComputeCornerLength (180 + A_A0, 0, R, 
CornerRadius); //Width of flat part


Post a reply to this message

From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 6 Apr 2022 10:07:24
Message: <624d9e9c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2022-04-05 à 22:14, Dave Blandston a écrit :
> Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>> How about the French quotes ? « »
> 
> 
> That was a great idea! Support for French quotes has been implemented. Just set
> this variable in your scene file:
> 
> #declare MOP_UseFrenchQuoteMarks = yes;
> 
> Let me know if I didn't do it right...
> 
> Kind regards,
> Dave Blandston
> 

Sorry, but, I can't use your font.
I get this error on line 520 of MasterOfPuppetsFont.inc :

«Parse error: No matching }, ; found instead.»
          #local A1 = 2 * ComputeCornerLength (180 + A_A0, 0, R, 
CornerRadius); //Width of flat part

Latest official version 3.8 under Windows 11.


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
Date: 6 Apr 2022 10:50:00
Message: <web.624da6b580354cb3fc0c8de6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> > ...
> > File 'mopfont.inc' line 3704: Parse Error: Unable to file seek in macro.
> > ...
>
> When I try to render your scene, I get this error on line 520 of
> MasterOfPuppetsFont.inc :
>
>           #local A1 = 2 * ComputeCornerLength (180 + A_A0, 0, R,
> CornerRadius); //Width of flat part

> Latest official version 3.8 under Windows 11.

my bad, the above was using alpha.9945627.  tried 'beta.1' and 'beta.2', both
same as the alpha, all on a Slackware GNU/Linux box.  interestingly, WFP's
'povr' sees same/similar error as yours, but on a different line.  </grin>

File 'mopfont.inc' line 578:
Parse Warning:
Should have at least 2 objects in csg.
File 'mopfont.inc' line 577:
Possible Parse Error:
Unmatched {
File 'mopfont.inc' line 578:
Parse Error:
No matching }, ; found instead


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.