POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Master of Puppets Font Again Server Time
8 Aug 2022 11:58:18 EDT (-0400)
  Master of Puppets Font Again (Message 1 to 10 of 14)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 21 Feb 2022 23:10:00
Message: <web.621461e8f9e68a916a43fb21607c1b34@news.povray.org>
Added lower case letters, source posted in povray.text.scene-files.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'masterofpuppetsfont.jpg' (126 KB)

Preview of image 'masterofpuppetsfont.jpg'
masterofpuppetsfont.jpg


 

From: jr
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 23 Feb 2022 02:50:00
Message: <web.6215e55faea9fe7ed36e5cb6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Dave Blandston" <IsN### [at] protonmailch> wrote:
> Added lower case letters, source posted in povray.text.scene-files.

thank you.  (is there a reason your fonts do not include asc(64)/'@' ?  the
smiley is nice but no use in an email address :-))


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 24 Feb 2022 04:15:00
Message: <web.62174bedaea9fe72636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> thank you.  (is there a reason your fonts do not include asc(64)/'@' ?  the
> smiley is nice but no use in an email address :-))


Regarding the @ symbol, originally I wasn't planning on making any characters
other than capital letters but I gradually added more until most of the common
characters were done. You are right though, the @ symbol is an important one and
I'll give it a try when I get some free time, for the sake of completeness. The
smiley was actually just a placeholder for unfinished letters but I left it in
there. If I get really motivated I might add the functionality of varying stroke
radii in a character string. But that's a low-priority project.


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 9 Mar 2022 03:10:00
Message: <web.6228603eaea9fe72636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
The current version (in the povray.text.scene-files section) now includes the
"@" character. The "@" was a little challenging to make and it's not quite
perfect but its imperfections give it personality.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'masterofpuppetsfont.jpg' (196 KB)

Preview of image 'masterofpuppetsfont.jpg'
masterofpuppetsfont.jpg


 

From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 9 Mar 2022 11:00:01
Message: <6228cf01$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2022-03-09 à 03:07, Dave Blandston a écrit :
> The current version (in the povray.text.scene-files section) now includes the
> "@" character. The "@" was a little challenging to make and it's not quite
> perfect but its imperfections give it personality.

Next on the to do list : & €


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 9 Mar 2022 13:15:00
Message: <web.6228edcaaea9fe71f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > The current version (in the povray.text.scene-files section) now includes the
> > "@" character. The "@" was a little challenging to make and it's not quite
> > perfect but its imperfections give it personality.
>


And there's no POV-Ray logo   ;)  :D


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 9 Mar 2022 14:05:00
Message: <web.6228f9a7aea9fe72636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:



A-ha! You have pointed out a difficulty that I've been unable to resolve, but I
would like to. Maybe you will know a solution. The attached picture shows (on
the right) what it looks like when cylinders or sphere_sweeps intersect with
each other. The appearance is angular and not suitable for a font that's meant
to have a rounded appearance. The picture on the left shows what I've done to
compensate for that issue. However, the solution requires that both intersecting
objects be perfectly straight at the intersection point as well as a short
distance beyond. If either of the objects is curved then I'm left befuddled.
That's why the "&" symbol has been left out. Maybe the blob object can provide
some help, but I haven't tried yet and I don't think it would be exactly what I
want.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'masterofpuppetsfont.jpg' (37 KB)

Preview of image 'masterofpuppetsfont.jpg'
masterofpuppetsfont.jpg


 

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 9 Mar 2022 14:10:00
Message: <web.6228fa6daea9fe72636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> And there's no POV-Ray logo   ;)  :D


I knew I was forgetting something important...


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 9 Mar 2022 18:35:00
Message: <web.62293996aea9fe71f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <IsN### [at] protonmailch> wrote:
> Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>
>
>
> A-ha! You have pointed out a difficulty that I've been unable to resolve, but I
> would like to. Maybe you will know a solution. The attached picture shows (on
> the right) what it looks like when cylinders or sphere_sweeps intersect with
> each other. The appearance is angular and not suitable for a font that's meant
> to have a rounded appearance. The picture on the left shows what I've done to
> compensate for that issue. However, the solution requires that both intersecting
> objects be perfectly straight at the intersection point as well as a short
> distance beyond. If either of the objects is curved then I'm left befuddled.
> That's why the "&" symbol has been left out. Maybe the blob object can provide
> some help, but I haven't tried yet and I don't think it would be exactly what I
> want.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Kind regards,
> Dave Blandston

Maybe this?


http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5d4b7ce3a683fa3a4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NGeUV2EyU

https://www.iquilezles.org/www/articles/smin/smin.htm
http://www.viniciusgraciano.com/blog/smin/
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/tdGBDt


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Master of Puppets Font Again
Date: 9 Mar 2022 19:50:00
Message: <web.62294a56aea9fe72636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Maybe this?
>
>
>
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5d4b7ce3a683fa3a4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NGeUV2EyU
>
> https://www.iquilezles.org/www/articles/smin/smin.htm
> http://www.viniciusgraciano.com/blog/smin/
> https://www.shadertoy.com/view/tdGBDt


I'm guessing you did some programming to accomplish the smooth union - is that
correct?


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.