POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary! Server Time
25 Jan 2022 16:02:16 EST (-0500)
  Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary! (Message 1 to 10 of 13)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 30 Dec 2021 08:47:19
Message: <61cdb867@news.povray.org>
Just in time to say happy 30th anniversary, POV-Ray!  Not just one, but
2 reflective spheres!  Not just one, but 2 checkered planes!

This is a reboot of a scene I started for the 25th anniversary, but was
never quite satisfied with.  In the intervening 5 years, I've forgotten
what it was that I wasn't satisfied with, so I decided to gather the
parts of the old scene and post a new version while it is still 2021.
New in this scene are finish-level Fresnel and a glossy floor that I
added to my render rig earlier this year.

This scene has 4 unfinished elements I had hoped to complete by the end
of 2021: the hand plane, the lamp, the render rig (which is held up by
the unfinished lamp), and the wood texture.  But other than the lamp,
which is just a place holder, they are sufficient for this scene.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'povray_30th_aniversary.jpg' (242 KB) Download 'povray_30th_aniversary-1080.jpg' (361 KB)

Preview of image 'povray_30th_aniversary.jpg'
povray_30th_aniversary.jpg

Preview of image 'povray_30th_aniversary-1080.jpg'
povray_30th_aniversary-1080.jpg


 

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 30 Dec 2021 09:05:00
Message: <web.61cdbb797d12aea260e0cc3d949c357d@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
> This is a reboot of a scene I started for the 25th anniversary, but was
> never quite satisfied with.

This is the 25th anniversary scene that I hadn't posted:


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'povray_25th_aniversary.png' (123 KB)

Preview of image 'povray_25th_aniversary.png'
povray_25th_aniversary.png


 

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 31 Dec 2021 01:00:00
Message: <web.61ce9bb27d12aea22636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Not just one, but
> 2 reflective spheres!  Not just one, but 2 checkered planes!


Ha it's a RSOC(H)P! I love it! Definitely worth waiting five years for!

I love the beveled text - how was that wonderous feat accomplished?

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 31 Dec 2021 11:20:00
Message: <web.61cf2d917d12aea238ecd454aa81652d@news.povray.org>
The transparent number is pretty. Looks very formal(25 or 30 shape with bevel).


Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 31 Dec 2021 12:50:00
Message: <61cf42c8@news.povray.org>
Il 30/12/2021 14:47, Cousin Ricky ha scritto:
 > Just in time to say happy 30th anniversary, POV-Ray!  Not just one, but
 > 2 reflective spheres!  Not just one, but 2 checkered planes!
 >
 > This is a reboot of a scene I started for the 25th anniversary, but was
 > never quite satisfied with.  In the intervening 5 years, I've forgotten
 > what it was that I wasn't satisfied with, so I decided to gather the
 > parts of the old scene and post a new version while it is still 2021.
 > New in this scene are finish-level Fresnel and a glossy floor that I
 > added to my render rig earlier this year.
 >
 > This scene has 4 unfinished elements I had hoped to complete by the end
 > of 2021: the hand plane, the lamp, the render rig (which is held up by
 > the unfinished lamp), and the wood texture.  But other than the lamp,
 > which is just a place holder, they are sufficient for this scene.

Happy 30th anniversaty, indeed!

Paolo


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download '30pov.png' (880 KB)

Preview of image '30pov.png'
30pov.png


 

From: MichaelJF
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 31 Dec 2021 13:25:41
Message: <61cf4b25$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.12.2021 um 18:49 schrieb Paolo Gibellini:
> Il 30/12/2021 14:47, Cousin Ricky ha scritto:
>  > Just in time to say happy 30th anniversary, POV-Ray!  Not just one, but
>  > 2 reflective spheres!  Not just one, but 2 checkered planes!
>  >
>  > This is a reboot of a scene I started for the 25th anniversary, but was
>  > never quite satisfied with.  In the intervening 5 years, I've forgotten
>  > what it was that I wasn't satisfied with, so I decided to gather the
>  > parts of the old scene and post a new version while it is still 2021.
>  > New in this scene are finish-level Fresnel and a glossy floor that I
>  > added to my render rig earlier this year.
>  >
>  > This scene has 4 unfinished elements I had hoped to complete by the end
>  > of 2021: the hand plane, the lamp, the render rig (which is held up by
>  > the unfinished lamp), and the wood texture.  But other than the lamp,
>  > which is just a place holder, they are sufficient for this scene.
> 
> Happy 30th anniversaty, indeed!
> 
> Paolo
Very nice images indeed. I wonder what the pink-golden checkered object 
above Ricky's wooden box should depict. It looks like some kind of a 
futuristic hand plane IMO.

@Paolo: your wall-macro looks still fine. I like your actual 
presentation much better than your 25-years congratulations to 
www.povray.org from August 2019. It was fine too, but your new approach 
looks much better IMO.

Best regards,
Michael


Post a reply to this message

From: MichaelJF
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 31 Dec 2021 13:44:43
Message: <61cf4f9b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.12.2021 um 19:25 schrieb MichaelJF:
> Am 31.12.2021 um 18:49 schrieb Paolo Gibellini:
>> Il 30/12/2021 14:47, Cousin Ricky ha scritto:
>>  > Just in time to say happy 30th anniversary, POV-Ray!  Not just one, 
>> but
>>  > 2 reflective spheres!  Not just one, but 2 checkered planes!
>>  >
>>  > This is a reboot of a scene I started for the 25th anniversary, but 
>> was
>>  > never quite satisfied with.  In the intervening 5 years, I've 
>> forgotten
>>  > what it was that I wasn't satisfied with, so I decided to gather the
>>  > parts of the old scene and post a new version while it is still 2021.
>>  > New in this scene are finish-level Fresnel and a glossy floor that I
>>  > added to my render rig earlier this year.
>>  >
>>  > This scene has 4 unfinished elements I had hoped to complete by the 
>> end
>>  > of 2021: the hand plane, the lamp, the render rig (which is held up by
>>  > the unfinished lamp), and the wood texture.  But other than the lamp,
>>  > which is just a place holder, they are sufficient for this scene.
>>
>> Happy 30th anniversaty, indeed!
>>
>> Paolo
> Very nice images indeed. I wonder what the pink-golden checkered object 
> above Ricky's wooden box should depict. It looks like some kind of a 
> futuristic hand plane IMO.
> 
> @Paolo: your wall-macro looks still fine. I like your actual 
> presentation much better than your 25-years congratulations to 
> www.povray.org from August 2019. It was fine too, but your new approach 
> looks much better IMO.
> 
> Best regards,
> Michael
> 
> 
> 
> 
Okay, I should be more alert. You mentioned the hand plane. But why came 
you up with this scenario?
Best regards,
Michael


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 31 Dec 2021 15:47:06
Message: <61cf6c4a$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-12-31 01:57 (-4), Dave Blandston wrote:
> 
> I love the beveled text - how was that wonderous feat accomplished?

https://news.povray.org/5f879119%241%40news.povray.org

A change from this tutorial is that I no longer recommend the 'once'
keyword in the image map.


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 31 Dec 2021 15:57:27
Message: <61cf6eb7$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-12-31 14:44 (-4), MichaelJF wrote:
> Am 31.12.2021 um 19:25 schrieb MichaelJF:
>> Very nice images indeed. I wonder what the pink-golden checkered
>> object above Ricky's wooden box should depict. It looks like some kind
>> of a futuristic hand plane IMO.
>>
> Okay, I should be more alert. You mentioned the hand plane. But why came
> you up with this scenario?

It was my creative take on the reflective sphere on a checkered plane
motif back in 2008.  Actually, I started on the concept in 2003, but I
was slow to get my hands on hand plane schematics, and meanwhile, I
started working on other RSOCP concepts.

Why hot magenta?  I like the color.  Why gold?  Because it's gold, of
course!


Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Blandston
Subject: Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
Date: 31 Dec 2021 20:45:00
Message: <web.61cfb1977d12aea22636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> On 2021-12-31 01:57 (-4), Dave Blandston wrote:
> >
> > I love the beveled text - how was that wonderous feat accomplished?
>
> https://news.povray.org/5f879119%241%40news.povray.org
>
> A change from this tutorial is that I no longer recommend the 'once'
> keyword in the image map.


Oh that looks awesome thanks!


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.