POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary! : Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary! Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before the year is out, happy 30th anniversary!
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 31 Dec 2021 15:57:27
Message: <61cf6eb7$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-12-31 14:44 (-4), MichaelJF wrote:
> Am 31.12.2021 um 19:25 schrieb MichaelJF:
>> Very nice images indeed. I wonder what the pink-golden checkered
>> object above Ricky's wooden box should depict. It looks like some kind
>> of a futuristic hand plane IMO.
>>
> Okay, I should be more alert. You mentioned the hand plane. But why came
> you up with this scenario?

It was my creative take on the reflective sphere on a checkered plane
motif back in 2008.  Actually, I started on the concept in 2003, but I
was slow to get my hands on hand plane schematics, and meanwhile, I
started working on other RSOCP concepts.

Why hot magenta?  I like the color.  Why gold?  Because it's gold, of
course!