POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Compiling Unix sources on OS X Tiger (re-post from p.unix) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling Unix sources on OS X Tiger (re-post from p.unix) (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Compiling Unix sources on OS X Tiger (re-post from p.unix)
Date: 18 Mar 2008 01:40:01
Message: <web.47df62da5801fef5b80d39510@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to compile the Unix beta sources under Tiger and I've installed the
boost libraries, the configure is detecting them, but I keep getting a
configuration error "Could not link against boost_thread"

I have to use --with-boost=/users/mac just to get it to recognize that boost is
installed and I've been trying to use --with-boost-thread in just about every
combination.

I tried specifying BOOST_ROOT, but it doesn't work.

my pre-compiled thread libraries seem to be in /users/mac/lib

Being more of a GUI user until OS X came along, I'm not what you would call
conversant with Terminal, so if anyone could help me
with this problem, I'd be grateful.

A.D.B

Post a reply to this message

"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the Unix beta sources under Tiger and I've installed the
> boost libraries, the configure is detecting them, but I keep getting a
> configuration error "Could not link against boost_thread"
>
> I have to use --with-boost=/users/mac just to get it to recognize that boost is
> installed and I've been trying to use --with-boost-thread in just about every
> combination.
>
> I tried specifying BOOST_ROOT, but it doesn't work.
>
> my pre-compiled thread libraries seem to be in /users/mac/lib
>
> Being more of a GUI user until OS X came along, I'm not what you would call
> conversant with Terminal, so if anyone could help me
> with this problem, I'd be grateful.
>
> A.D.B

Modern versions of boost on OSX seem to want to compile their boost_thread as
boost_thread-mt. Try something like this:

../configure COMPILED_BY="me### [at] myemailcom" --with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt

Post a reply to this message

> "Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile the Unix beta sources under Tiger and I've installed the
> > boost libraries, the configure is detecting them, but I keep getting a
> > configuration error "Could not link against boost_thread"
> >
> > I have to use --with-boost=/users/mac just to get it to recognize that boost is
> > installed and I've been trying to use --with-boost-thread in just about every
> > combination.
> >
> > I tried specifying BOOST_ROOT, but it doesn't work.
> >
> > my pre-compiled thread libraries seem to be in /users/mac/lib
> >
> > Being more of a GUI user until OS X came along, I'm not what you would call
> > conversant with Terminal, so if anyone could help me
> > with this problem, I'd be grateful.
> >
> > A.D.B
>
> Modern versions of boost on OSX seem to want to compile their boost_thread as
> boost_thread-mt. Try something like this:
>
> ../configure COMPILED_BY="me### [at] myemailcom" --with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt

Tried it.  No joy.

A.D.B

Post a reply to this message