POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : PLEASE no more expiration nags Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  PLEASE no more expiration nags (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Physiker
Subject: PLEASE no more expiration nags
Date: 26 Apr 2008 04:10:01
Message: <web.4812e2946ac6c03c3ca6cb110@news.povray.org>
Thank you very much for the phantastic povray raytracer and for the open beta
test versions.

But why expiration dates that make life so complicated?

First, I don't like seconds of waiting before the "extend" button appears.

And even worse: Extending the expiration date of pov3.7beta25 doesn't work on
w2k,
it crashes with an program-error.

I don't liked to change my system date every time I start the beta.
So I installed a tool "datecrck". Works fine...

Why not simply have a message box "you use an old beta", click ok and all is
fine for the next 7 days...

:-)

Thank you

Post a reply to this message

> But why expiration dates that make life so complicated?

  It seems that people will never be happy, no matter what is done.

  It's beta. It's not a release version. Live with it. You don't have to
use it if it bothers you so much.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Thank you very much for the phantastic povray raytracer and for the open beta
> test versions.
>
> But why expiration dates that make life so complicated?
>
> First, I don't like seconds of waiting before the "extend" button appears.
>
> And even worse: Extending the expiration date of pov3.7beta25 doesn't work on
> w2k,
> it crashes with an program-error.
>
> I don't liked to change my system date every time I start the beta.
> So I installed a tool "datecrck". Works fine...

Oh dear god. This topic has been done to death for *years*. It *won't*
change.

 > Why not simply have a message box "you use an old beta", click ok and
 > all is fine for the next 7 days...

Because then you would run it all the time. The whole point of the
expiration is *discouraging* people from running the beta other than
for.. beta testing.

Post a reply to this message